Bio

Hi, I’m Molly! I am a wedding photographer based in Santa Cruz and willing to travel anywhere. I’ve been photographing weddings for 8 years. I live in a 100 year-old surf shack with my husband, our two terrier mixes, and one very confident tuxedo cat. I love houseplants, weaving, traveling, dogs, thrifting, design, reality TV, and hiking. 



Philosophy/Approach

My priority for the wedding day is to create an environment where my clients and their guests feel comfortable, relaxed, and present. I want to make sure that my clients get as much time actually being in the moment and enjoying their wedding day as possible. I try to focus my work on documenting the story of the day as it unfolds, however that may be. I am able to anticipate and find the small, fleeting moments that really define the wedding for each individual client. I’ll be in stealth documentary mode for about 80% of the day, and usually spend the other 20% photographing posed or formal portraits.  During this time, I try to emphasize the connection between family and friends —  that’s what makes a wedding day so special. On the wedding day, two individuals bring their communities together to celebrate — maybe for the first time, maybe for the only time — and no matter what I want to make sure this rare moment is well documented. During portraits, I direct rather than pose; I believe movement, candid glances or smiles, and real emotion are what bring a photo to life. 

I am more than happy to help my couples create or work on a timeline that will allow for maximum face time with guests. I can also give advice for lighting and timing for photos. 

Ultimately, each wedding is as unique as the two people marrying. I tailor the way I shoot and edit for each wedding, and focus on capturing the feeling of the day in the most honest way possible.

I wholeheartedly support marriage equality for all, and serve & support every kind of human!



Pricing

I offer one full-day package for weddings. The last thing I want is for my clients to be worrying about things running behind or squeezing everything into a set timeframe. 

I will arrive 2 hours before everyone is dressed and ready for photos. This gives me time to shoot details, and capture the time spent preparing and anticipating the day. I am with my clients throughout the wedding, until everyone starts dancing, and I will stick around and capture about 45 minutes of that, which is usually plenty to get some (often hilarious) shots! 

I also include a complimentary engagement session in Santa Cruz County. Born and raised in the area, I know countless beautiful spots and am happy to suggest a place. I find it’s a great way to get to meet my clients before the actual wedding day, and great practice for them to try being in front of my camera! 

// $4500 for full-day coverage 

// $500 to add second photographer (I can let you know if it would be recommended for your specific day)

// engagement session travel fees for a session anywhere you’d like - ask me for a quote.  

I book elopements (under 30 guests) on weekdays only, and customize the pricing based on your needs. Please reach out for more information!

FAQ

How are your photos delivered?

Photos are delivered via a high-res gallery. Here is an example of a full wedding gallery. 

Do you edit your photos?

All photos are imported, repeats and rejects are deleted, and the remaining photos are all color corrected just as you see in my portfolio. Some photos (very small percentage, maybe 5%) will be only available in a black and white edit due to artistic discretion. 

How many photos will we receive?

There are many factors- wedding length, bridal party/family size, etc- I would say an average wedding yields around 1000 images.

How long does it take to get a finished gallery?

I will have a preview gallery available (50-100 favorites) a few days after the wedding. During peak season (June-November) full galleries are guaranteed within 6-8 weeks but I aim for 4. 

Who is your second photographer?

I have an amazing second shooter named Lizzy who is with me 90% of the time, and the other times I hire a fellow full-time wedding photographer through a network of photographer friends :) 

Are you insured?

Yep! I have all the legal stuff all dialed in.

What’s your favorite reality TV show?

I am currently really into Below Deck, and love Bravo in general. I am also a longtime RuPauls Drag Race fan! 

How do we reserve you?

I require a 50% retainer along with a signed contract to reserve the date. The remaining balance is due 2 weeks before your wedding day.